APIs are the programmatic way to "talk to Erply", and let you:
- Fetch the data you see in Erply back office — eg. the list of products or customers.
- Or, add and modify data — eg. create a new sales order.
- Or, issue commands — eg. subtract reward points from customer's balance.
- Or, make queries — eg. ask the current effective price, including discounts and promotions, for a particular product in a particular store and for a specific customer.
If you are new to Erply API development, then most likely what you need is "Erply API". It is an all-around, general-purpose API that supports Erply's standard features.
We are also continuously introducing new purpose-built REST APIs — each one for a particular area of functionality. These APIs expose data in a more approachable format and have additional features.
These APIs consume and produce JSON.
Manage registers (points of sale), users and employees.
Build interactive user authentication, two-factor authentication, password resets.
Note: if you just need a session key to make calls from your integration, see verifyUser instead.
Store app configuration.
Upload and fetch pictures and files.
Manage customer information.
Fetch product quantities on hand, reserved quantities and cost changes. Add products to purchase orders and transfer orders.
Extend Erply records with additional data.
Manage products and assortments.
Day opening and closing, cash in and out, gift cards.
Create and retrieve sales documents. Fetch printouts.
Fine-grained warehouse management.
A common need is to synchronize data from Erply to another system.
Here is a high-level overview how to build a web shop integration.
Erply supports push notifications via web hooks, but note that the information returned via web hooks might be limited.
- Complex e-Commerce solutions. Product listings, advanced search, related media (images, user guides, manuals, drivers and software). Ordering and billing. Customer login, lists of previous orders and their statuses, customized price lists.
- Point-of-sale applications. Product quicklists, special pricelists, receipt printing, PDF invoice by e-mail.
- Inventory management. Stocktaking over multiple warehouses, using portable barcode readers / data collecting devices.
- Customer feedback. Ask customer feedback about a product or service. Customer can push a button on the shop counter to express satisfaction with the service.
- Sales and product promotion. Online real-time sales reports; use LCD screens to promote new products and special offers.
- Reporting and analysis. Display daily sales figures or comparison between salespersons at the office on LCD screen. Get online information from all sales locations.
- Integration with e-commerce platforms like Magento, Joomla, PrestaShop, Shopify etc.