Here is the typical setup of a "shared-data" franchise.
A shared-data franchise is the model where some datasets, such as customers and products, are shared across all franchise accounts—with everyone seeing exactly the same records.
This is one of the two models Erply supports. The other is the “Synchronize From HQ” model.
The table below describes what we recommend to share, what is always private to each account, and what can be set up one way or another.
|Almost always shared across accounts||Always private to each account||Can be set according to preference|
- Customers and customer groups
- Tax rates
- Products, product groups and categories
- All classifiers (types, statuses)
- Sales documents
- Customers' store credit
- Purchase documents
- Inventory Registrations, Write-Offs and Transfers
- Timeclock records
- Cash in/out operations
- Register open/close times & counted cash
- Stock on hand
- Reorder Points / Restock Levels
- Account configuration
- Physical stocktakings
- User groups and permissions
- Price lists
- Promotions, coupon rules and issued coupons
- Gift cards
- Reward points
- Reports created with report generator